Guilt-Free Decadent Superfood Dessert–
This mouth-watering, decadent tasting chocolate dessert is packed with super nutrients! Wondering how that’s even possible? The “secret sauce” is a super food mixed with lots of cacao! This delicious dairy-free chocolate mousse gets its smooth creaminess from avocados, one of Nature’s most perfect foods. Plus it’s easy to make, takes only 10 minutes, and comes out perfectly every time! This is a guilt-free dessert that you will love and will love you back! Enjoy it and feed your body these nutrient packed superfoods it needs:
This superfood contains 20 vitamins and minerals, which is why it’s on the top of the superfood list. Plus here are some of the many health benefits of avocados:
- Suppresses Appetite and Stabilizes Blood Sugar -Avocados contain monounsaturated fats which are good for you. They contain healthy fats that help you feel satiated by sending your brain a signal to turn off your appetite. These fats help keep blood sugar stable by slowing down the breakdown of carbohydrates.
- Supports Healthy Vision – Avocados contain lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that provide the antioxidants that help minimize damage from ultraviolet light.
- Aids in Digestion – Avocados are a high fiber food with 6-7 grams of fiber per half an avocado. They help maintain a healthy digestive system.
This superfood contains an abundance of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and phytonutrients. Some of the amazing health benefits of cacao include:
- Iron-Rich – Cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron. Getting sufficient iron is important for maintaining energy, focus, healthy immune system and more.
- A Feel-Good Food – Cacao contains anandamide, which is a natural euphoric compound that lifts mood. The other mood enhancing ingredient in cocoa is tryptophan, a natural anti-depressant.
Decadent Dessert that’s a Delicious Treat and Medicine Too
With two of Nature’s nutrient-dense superfoods paired together, this dessert is not only a treat, it is medicine for your mind, body, and soul. Don’t be surprised if you’ll want second helpings and don’t worry about indulging. It’s good for you and will make you feel g-o- o-d.
It’s best to serve in traditional French mousse dishes to enhance the appeal. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts, almonds, coconut, or shaved chocolate to add a fool proof disguise to this decadent looking dessert. Your guests will never know you are feeding them “medicine”.
Enjoy and Live Well with Zest!
Written by Bev HopePrint
Non-Dairy Chocolate Mousse
- Category: Dessert
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in half and pitted⠀
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder⠀
- 4 tbsp. of full fat coconut milk⠀
- 1 ripe banana⠀
- 4 tbsp. of pure maple syrup⠀
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract⠀
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon⠀
- Pinch of sea salt⠀
- Scoop the flesh of the avocados into a food processor or Vitamix.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut milk, banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt and process on medium until creamy whipped and well blended⠀
- Serve in two individual mousse dishes or parfait bowls. Garnish with toasted shredded coconut, toasted chopped hazelnuts or your topping of choice. ⠀
ADD-ONS Garnish with toasted shredded coconut, toasted chopped hazelnuts, toasted slivered almonds or shaved dark chocolate.
Keywords: Non-Dairy, Chocolate, Dessert, Paleo, Whole30, Superfoods